Sunday, February 27, 2011

Highlights from February 2011

When I started this blogging thing, I kind of expected I'd blog every couple of days or at least once a week, but so far, I guess I'd be considered a monthly blogger . . . my followers have probably all given up following. :)

Anyways, what a month it has been.  On the 1st, we moved out to Goochland with Jesse's parents while our kitchen was basically demoed.  Thus, this has been a month for Kezzie to spend with her Mimi and Papa.  We do go back and forth to Richmond though when needed.  In fact, being in Richmond with baby sleeping, husband in Indiana and without a cell phone (I accidentally left it in Goochland this morning when we left at 5am to take Jesse to the airport . . . where was my brain!?) has enabled me to blog this evening.

Some highlights from February:

1) A very memorable Valentine's Date with Jesse and Kezzie

We dressed Kezzie up in a red velvet dress and decided we would have a family Valentine's date at one of our favorite restaurant's, Ipanema.  Probably five minutes into us being seated, I was taking Kez out of her carrier and discovered she had an explosion! . . . of all the moments and all the outfits.  To make matters even more interesting, Ipanema doesn't have your typical restroom accommodations, so I was changing Kez's diaper and clothing in the booth!  All parents have their stories . . . we just added to our collection that night. :)


Mr. Bugaboo giving Kezzie a valentine.  She loves this guy!

2) Cousin Ian was born this month
How fun to have a cousin so close in age!
. . . such expression, even when sleeping!

3) Fun times watching the big magnolia tree blown by the wind in Mimi and Papa's back yard from the back covered porch.
She was really mesmerized by the tree!

                                                  Doesn't that smile just melt your heart?!

4) Bradley Class Reunion
Another instance when I had Kezzie in a cute outfit and then an explosion led us to the plan B outfit (the "sleeper").

5) January was Kezzie's last month of sleeping in her bassinet . . . I tried to keep her in it as long as possible!  She was so cute . . . she probably only had about 3 more inches until her head and toes would have touched the ends! 

6) Some quality tummy time . . . she is enjoying it much better these days.

7) Reading the paper with Aunt Rachael while Jesse and I go out on a date. 

8) My humble attempt to copy "Mila's Daydreams"


9) One of my favorite Kezzie sleep pictures from this month.
. . . though nighttime sleep has been another thing. . . Kez has been a great sleeper since birth and this month, she just started waking during the night, several times per night. . . I guess I was getting lazy as a parent and needed to know what everyone else goes through. :)

Okay, so there are some of the highlights from February, at least the ones I documented with pictures!


2 comments:

  1. I haven't stopped following and trust me, I know blogging flies out the window with little ones underfoot! Great pics and not to scare ya, but you will only add more stories to your archives as the years go on. Ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to talk to you this morning Jesse. So proud for guys. She is a beautiful little girl. Jesse you can check out our adoption journey for our newest little boy at
    theblackburnfamilyblog.blogspot.com.
    Talk to you later.
    Jason Blackburn

    ReplyDelete