Sunday, January 27, 2013

Documenting Life

So, I basically skipped documenting 2012, but se la vi and on with 2013!  I am typically one to guilt-trip myself into paralysis, so this is a good step for me to just do it! 

Kezzie is definitely a major motivator in blogging and documenting in general, because, as with most kids, and especially 2 year olds, the world becomes such an awe-inspiring place full of new wonder . . . and thus hilarious things are said, discovered and experienced on a daily basis! 

So, without further belaboring my desire to blog and yet procrastination in it, here are some recent memorable moments with Kezzie that I don't want to forget:

1) In the past week or two, she has begun calling me "Mama" more frequently (versus "Mommy").  I'm not quite sure where this came from, but we do seem to read a lot of the Berenstain Bears and, of course, Mama Bear is present.  I think what is so funny about her calling me "Mama" is that it reminds me of something out of Little House on the Prairie or a Jeannette Oke book.  But, we live in the city, the very opposite of women wearing flowing skirts part of the city.  I also wonder if Kezzie started calling me Mama to somehow get me attention or try something new out.  Either way, it is music to my ears!
2) Just last night, while Kez and I were Skyping with Jesse (who is in Haiti, btw, till Tuesday), I asked Kezzie if she wanted to sing "Jesus Loves the Little Children" for Daddy.  Much to both Jesse and my surprise, she rapped it!  Totally cute and was not taught to her that way! 
3) Kezzie has this cute habit when describing whether something is, for example, (I apologize for the examples) salty, hot, poopy, etc, she will say it is "a little bit, not too much" in a very matter of fact way. 

So, maybe some pictures next time and/or some deep thoughts/reflections.  But for now, that's my effort at documenting Kezzie.  You just can't get these years back! 

2 comments:

  1. So this is random, but I was reading an old post on my blog (over two years ago!) and saw you posted a comment. So I clicked on it and saw you were blogging! I forgot you had a blog, even!
    I can't belive Kezzie is two already! Just wait til your daughter starts calling you "Mom". THAT is so strange. Makes the three year old seem to be ten!
    I hope you are all doing well and we enjoy hearing updates via "Mimi and Papa"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Michele! It is not surprising you forgot I had a blog, because it really didn't exist last year. :) Kezzie has already started calling me "Mom" . . . although it comes and goes, but it does floor me b/c I thought that would be awhile! Hope you all are doing well too! Your two are so cute! Would love to meet them someday! . . . maybe a playdate! :)

      Delete